Friday, February 20, 2015

So everybody loves enamel dots, rights? And everybody loves saving money? Or is that just me? Well I have recently discovered a way to gain a huge enamel dot collection, and not break my bank. 
I bought these awesome Pony Beads for less than  $10 from Jo Anns. I picked them because I love rainbows.

After I arranged them on Parchment Paper and preheated my oven to 400°, I placed them in the oven for about 10 minutes.
Look at those! It was so pretty I almost didn't want to take them off the sheet. 
These are a pretty big size; slightly smaller than a dime. Even though the beads were matte, the melted dots came out glossy and stayed that way.
Don't like big enamel dots? No problem. Try Perler beads!
Also less than $10 (with coupon), but these take longer to arrange on the sheet. And also longer to cook. Mine took about a half hour at 275°-300°.
The double stacked beads were an experiment. Double stacking makes slightly bigger dots, and they aren't as big as the Pony Beads. But I was hoping for a pink dot with a purple ring around it. Didn't happen.
These are what they look like melted. 
Obviously you can make a lot in one batch. I have plenty but I'm still making more!
Also, I left the perler beads in for an hour and a half on accident, but they didn't burn at all and they were a little flatter. The Pony Beads started turning brown when I didn't pull them out of the oven as soon as they were done.
I totally love adding a bunch of these to my PL Cards!

1 comments: