So as some of you might know, I was recently nominated for the Liebster Award. Well, Laura from TheExperimentalHome, nominated my blog for this award, and I'm so excited about it!
So first and foremost I want to say thanks to Laura! You should check out her blog, it's got awesome content and I love her design!
So when I first heard about the Liebster Award, I did a little bit of research. Like many others, I could not find the EXACT origins, but I did learn that Liebster is German for 'Sweetheart' or 'Dearest'. While it still is basically an award, it's also like a blog post chain letter.The rules and guidelines have also changed a lot, but I'm not going to get into that because I think they are perfect the way they are now. Speaking of rules and guidelines, I need to share those with you before we continue.
Liebster Blog Award Rules:
Once you have been nominated for this award, you should probably do the following:
- Thank your nominator! Link back to their blog and send a virtual hug their way!
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator has asked.
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers with less than 200 followers who you think deserve to be noticed, and make sure you let them know you nominated them so they can pass the Liebe.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions to answer.
Laura asked me:
11 totally random fun facts about me:
1) I have 15, 467 songs on my iPod Classic. I know most of them word, for word. at least 2,000 are songs from the classical era.
2) I spent $400 on a Yamaha Keyboard that I hardly ever play. But I'm still in love with it, and even after 6 years, I have not found a keyboard that suits me better.
3) I love video games, I'm very good at killing zombies, catching Pokemon, driving fast cars, and going to war.
4) Every week I get together with 5 other people to continue our quest in Dungeons & Dragons.
5) So far this year, I've learned how to crochet, drive a stick shift, and that the feeling you get from being tickled is a form of panic. I hate being tickled.
6) I recently started to dislike the taste of eggs. I can only eat them mixed with sausage and syrup.
7) I love that my boyfriend can support my craft addiction, but wants no part in it.
8) I don't have a favorite color, but I do have colors that I prefer seeing objects in. For example, I like all my electronics to be black, all my lipgloss to be pink, and my jewelry to be silver.
9) It's not a paranoia, but I constanlty wonder if things I touch have had cyanide spilled on them and if it's soaking into my skin.
10) I'm addicted to garage sales, thrift stores, and import stores.
11) I love Grapefruit.
And my nominees are:
This was actually really, really hard.Jill@JillMadeIt
And my questions for them are:
1) When and why did you start blogging?
2) What are your longterm goals?
3) When you aren't blogging, what are you doing?
4) What's your favorite memory?
5) What was the last thing you learned to do?
6) What is your greatest accomplishment?
7) What traits/characteristics did you inherit from your parents?
8) What motivates/inspires you?
9) What is something you've always wanted to do?
10) What's stopping you?
11) How do you feel right now?
Well, that's it! I want to say thanks again to Laura for nominating me, and I can't wait to see what my nominees post!