Thursday, May 30, 2013

So I recently learned to crochet, and I'm working on my very first project! My grandmother used to make gorgeous blankets for us when we were children, and now I have to. I watched a great tutorial by Michael Sellick on Youtube. Definitely check out all his videos, he makes it super easy to learn. I bought some yarn to start practicing, ended up liking how it was turning out, and wanted to add another color.
I picked out the bottom yarn, Brandon chose the one on top. 
This is right after I switched colors. 
I also learned to switch colors from watching another tutorial by Michael here. He's pretty awesome. 





I'm at the end of my first skein of yarn (the darker colored one). I bought 2 of each color, I'm not sure if it will be enough. Like I said, this is the first thing I've ever made. I can't wait to finish it. My hands finally stopped hurting and I can work for longer periods of time. 


*Linking up to these Parties!
  Let Them Eat Cake Happy Go Lucky Dear Creatives Weekend Bloggy Reading Parlo and Logi My Turn (for us) Melting Moments FreakyKeen

0 comments:

Post a Comment