Thursday, February 21, 2013

I have an Amazon addiction. I guess it's contagious. I introduced my boyfriend to Amazon, and now he's addicted, too. To top it all off, his addiction fuels mine. He started buying things to play Dungeons & Dragons, and every time he gets something, he orders something from my wish list as well. Yesterday, The Big-Ass Book of Crafts by Mark Montano arrived. It's listed as $19.95, but we got it from Amazon for $13.57, and also got free shipping (orders over $25). 

While I like the book, I'm uncertain if I will be getting the second one. There are a lot of great crafts, but only a handful I would actually do. If nothing else, it has some great techniques you can use for other projects. There's also a couple recipes for some organic body products. I will definitely be making custom plates, switch plates, and envelopes. Looking at the ratings and reviews, it looks like there are a lot of people who prefer the second one to the first. I'll have to run to Barnes & Noble and check it out before I buy it.



I also found this video review by BeachBrights after I bought it. It's a fair review, and gives a good look inside the book before you buy it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment