Monday, March 11, 2013

I was walking through Barnes & Noble and came across Kaari Meng's French-Inspired Jewelry, Creating with vintage beads, buttons, & baubles. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it, and for just $4.98 there was nothing stopping me. This book features 50 adorable projects to choose from, and she encourages substituting beads to create something uniquely yours. The first thing that caught my eye was a quote by William Morris, "Not on one strand are all life's jewels strung." A perfect quote for this book.

The layout is wonderful, and the pictures are amazing. Even if you aren't interested in following the instructions, you can find inspiration on every page. I'm in love with this book! The chapters are organized by theme, the titles are in French, and there is an amazing quote in the beginning of each chapter.
Kaari also shares information on vintage hues, creating palettes, types of vintage glass beads, materials, techniques, metric equivalency charts, and even a list of suppliers! 







0 comments:

Post a Comment