Monday, March 18, 2013


I love that my boyfriend thinks it's so cool that I'm crafy. At my age, most guys think it's dorky, and just want to party. I've been telling him for months that I wanted to learn to crochet, but I never got around to it. He's been bugging me about getting yarn and learning. He saw a book at B&N and kept pushing me to buy it, so I did. It's Carol Meldrum's Simple Stiches: Crochet: 25 Projects for the New Stitcher. It's listed for $17.95, on Amazon for 7.99, but I got it for 4.98. I love this book, it has great ideas, that I will use eventually, but right now, I'm still just practicing. I have never crocheted before, but I somehow had 4 different hooks in my possession. All I needed was the yarn, so I bought some.  I looked through the book, but I didn't really understand the basics of the techniques. I think I just wasn't focusing, because after learning from a video on YouTube, I looked at the instructions again, read through them, and realized it explained it clearly. I don't know why I didn't get it the first time. It's a great book, with great projects. I'm excited. I'm still just practicing, working on getting consistent stitches (some are looser or tighter than others), and making it flow nicely. I sent some pictures to my little sister... She says I'm getting old. 

When I first started, I was so excited, I took it everywhere, in the car, mall, and even guitar center! I put it in a drawstring bag, so I could carry it on my back, with the yarn coming out the top. I also noticed that when I'm crocheting, I don't worry about my boyfriends dangerous driving as much as usual. 
I wasn't able to do much over the weekend, I worked all day Saturday, hurt my knee, worked half a day Sunday, and went home to nurse it back to health. I love the colors and I can't wait to learn different techniques and start making Afghans!

0 comments:

Post a Comment