Thursday, March 21, 2013


Minjae-Lee is a young, self-taught artist from South Korea. I was drawn in by his powerful colors, and the dramatic story behind each image. Taking basic materials such as markers, pens, and acrylics to a whole new level, he is a one-of-a-kind artist. 

<a href="http://slideful.com/v20130322_0244245653098321_pf.htm">View the slide show</a>


"I have loved color since I was 7 year old. Not many people accepted me using colors this way,
including a few teachers.. so. I’ve always drawn by myself. One day, I found markers, and loved them because of the vivid colors they produce. So I always use markers now.
I find inspiration in human face. and abstract movement and COLOR!
so. When I draw people, it’s on the spur of the moment, very spontaneous.
I’m always experimenting with new materials, and ways to do things." 
-Minjae-Lee
To learn more about Minjae Lee or purchase prints, visit his website here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment